[Beowulf] [External] RIP CentOS 8

Jan Wender j.wender at web.de
Thu Dec 10 18:47:40 UTC 2020

Hi,

I work in industry (CAE) where about 95% of all workloads are binary only (exception is OpenFOAM, but even this is at some customers procured as binary from a supplier). The software is certified for RHEL, and mostly also for SuSE. Cluster sizes are usually confidential but range in several thousands of nodes.

But I agree, the clusters are walled off environments.
This does not mean that no upgrades would be done, because of security getting more important.

Cheerio, Jan
—
Jan Wender - j.wender at web.de - Signal/Mobile: +4915780949428