[Beowulf] PBS question

Lux, Jim (US 337K) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 29 11:00:02 PDT 2019

I’m doing some EP job arrays using PBS, and I was wondering if there’s a way to find out how much resources the job actually consumed.
For instance, if I do a select 1:ncpus=4 does it actually use 4 CPUs?
Likewise, is there a “memory high water mark”.

The idea here is that since my job competes with all the other jobs, the better I can describe my resource needs (i.e. not over-require) the faster my job gets through the system.

Or are these things I need to instrument in some other way.