[Beowulf] Disk less machines booted with static address fails on expired dhcp lease

tegner at renget.se tegner at renget.se
Tue Oct 22 02:35:53 PDT 2019

Hi, thanks!

Don't think it is bios related, the Dell workstations go down at the same time, while the supermicro server stay up. And these machines are booted in the same way. I have also confirmed that the time is related to the lease time I give in dhcpd.conf.

Haven't found anything in the logs, but now I start to suspect it has to do with how I let them boot, I use

ip=dhcp

would suspect it to work differently if I instead use static values here.

But then again, ip=dhcp is "easier", and why should it work on some machines, and not on others? And using infinite lease time seems to solve the issue (but a bit more "ugly").

/jon