Bioinformatics/Beowulf applications

Borries Demeler demeler at bioc09.v19.uthscsa.edu
Fri Mar 23 07:03:09 PST 2001

Greetings,

I have been put in charge of developing our new bioinformatics core
facility. Having used Beowulf computers in my research for simple
Monte Carlo (hydrodynamic modeling of biological macromolecules), I am
planning to expand onto other areas of Beowulf implementations.

To get started, I am looking for links (perhaps a well organized
web site?) and contacts to groups that have implemented Beowulfs in
bioinformatic applications. In particular I am looking for Beowulf
enabled software/applications in:

* molecular modeling/statistical mechanics
* structure solutions for X-ray crystallography data
* structure solutions for NMR data
* structure prediction software
* sequence analysis/genomics
* machine vision/pattern recognition/neural networks (self-organizing maps)
* proteomics
others?

If you know of a website with relevant links or are working on
applications that may be potentially useful for other researchers,
I would be grateful for some feedback.

Thank you very much, -Borries

* Borries Demeler, Ph.D.                                                      *
* The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio                *
* Dept. of Biochemistry, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900 *
* Voice: 210-567-6592, Fax: 210-567-4575, Email: demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu  *