[Beowulf] Tools for graphing (creating graphics of) execution sequences

Fred L Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Thu Mar 9 14:35:07 PST 2006

Hi Eric,

Eric Thibodeau wrote:
> The "gists" of it:
> 	I need to generate graphics of execution sequences to explain how a process
> (ie: sGA, sMOGA) runs sequentially and then show where and how this process
> can be split up. The graphics I am thinking of are traditionally horizontal
> bars which are usually split up into multiple parallel sub-portions as the
> process gets dissected by the author...me ;) . These bars can be commented
> with either time ticks, variable names, zoomed portions, etc.

This sounds like a gantt chart (project plan) to me.
Have you looked at GanttProject - http://ganttproject.org/ I had a play
with it about 18 months ago, but have never used it for real work.

HTH

Cheers
f.

P.S. At work I use a windows based non open source one :-( which will
let you split tasks and have a finer time resolution.