[Beowulf] RE: Compare and contrast MPI implementations

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at charter.net
Thu Dec 15 14:57:31 PST 2005

David Mathog wrote:

>>MPI detente is possible. Check out the modules package.
>>
>>http://modules.sourceforge.net/
>>

>Sort of the same problem though.  lamboot (from lam-mpi) assumes
>that hboot is in the path.  There's no time before it invokes
>hboot to run "modules".  If there were a preceding stage in
>this instance just using an export statement with PATH would
>have done the trick.

   Actually, you can. We do this at work all of the time.
As Doug said in another post, you just put,

module load blah

in your queuing script and it loads the correct module
that should have the paths and environment variables
all set (if you configure the modules correctly).
   At work I routinely run binaries that load various MPI
libs at the same time. It's rather easy using modules.

Jeff