[scyld-users] node problems

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Thu May 15 16:10:07 PDT 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Richard Bose wrote:

> I'm installing Scyld 28cz.  The master is up and running.  I made a node
> boot disk, the node booted off of it, the node showed up in beosetup, and
> reported status of error.

This usually means that it failed to mount a filesystem specified in
   /etc/beowulf/fstab

> Now I try to run beofdisk -n 0 -d and it says:
> cat: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.2' not found (required by cat)
> How can I resolve this?

 1. Comment out the failing entry in /etc/beowulf/fstab
 2. Run beofdisk
 3. Replace the mount entries in /etc/beowulf/fstab

Note that there is a method for having per-node fstab files.  For node 23
the search order is
  /etc/beowulf/fstab.23
  /etc/beowulf/fstab

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com