[Beowulf] AMD Accelerated Data Center Keynote

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Mon Nov 8 20:45:28 UTC 2021

Did anyone else catch the AMD Datacenter Premier Keynote this morning?
AMD made some pretty impressive claims, like their MI200 GPUs are 4.5x
faster than NVIDIA A100s. and one of these GPUs will be ~4x faster than
an entire Summit node. Their Milan (Zen4) CPUs will have 96 up to 96
cores, and their Bergamo "cloud native" CPUs will have up to 128 cores.

It was live streamed on YouTube this morning, and is available for
watching at the link below, which is how I watched it:

https://youtu.be/ECHhuvuiNzs

I think it's definitely worth a watch to see what's coming, and to see
AMD's performance claims. Certainly looking forward to running some
benchmarks on these systems myself when I can.

--
Prentice