[Beowulf] First cluster in 20 years - questions about today

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 08:52:43 PST 2020

When I was young I sent my paper to a Professor I knew in the field, and he
submitted it to the journal. If I wanted to do that now I would attend a
relevant graduate seminar at nearest big city research university (which I
do sometimes anyway).

My institution was expected to pay "page charges" but I paid it myself
(different employer) but it could be waived.

Of course now the submission itself can be not just camera-ready, but is a
digital file that can be fed directly into the Typesetter, so page
changes ought to be archaic if they aren't already :-)

Peter