[Beowulf] LFortran ... a REPL/Compiler for Fortran

Peter Kjellström cap at nsc.liu.se
Tue Mar 26 02:40:09 PDT 2019

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 10:42:08 -0400
Gerald Henriksen <ghenriks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Flang on the other hand is really at this point 2 projects, both
> supported/developed by Nvidia.

Well 3 projects in a sense. The original llvm flang (now mostly
forgotten) can still cause confusion. It really would have been better
if Nvidia handn't insisted on calling their PGI front-end flang..

And while it [nvidia flang] is probably the most functional of the
three it has some major problems (including the, as I understand it,
upstream unacceptable hack way of generating llvm ir).

/Peter K