[Beowulf] USB flash drive bootable distro to check cluster health.

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Fri Jan 11 07:40:20 PST 2019

On 11/1/19 4:59 am, Richard Chang wrote:

> Anyone knows of any pre-existing distribution that will do the job ? Or
> know how to do it with Centos or Ubuntu ?

I've used Advanced Clustering's "Breakin" bootable image for this in the
past - it's open source and freely downloadable.

http://www.advancedclustering.com/products/software/breakin/

It looks like their code is up on their own git server too:

http://git.advancedclustering.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi

It looks like the downloads haven't been updated for several years,
whilst the git repos are more recent.

I've also just noticed a tool called "stressant" but that's not been
touched for a year:

https://gitlab.com/anarcat/stressant

No idea what that's like!

All the best,