[Beowulf] USB flash drive bootable distro to check cluster health.

Richard Chang rchang.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 04:59:28 PST 2019

Hi,
I would like to know if we have or can make( or prepare) a USB bootable OS that we can boot in a cluster and its nodes to test all its functionality.

The purpose of this is to boot a new or existing cluster to check its health, including Infiniband network,  any cards, local hard disks, memory etc, so that I don't have to disturb the existing OS and its configuration.

If possible, it would be nice to boot the compute nodes from the master node.

Anyone knows of any pre-existing distribution that will do the job ? Or know how to do it with Centos or Ubuntu ?

Thanks,
Richard.