[Beowulf] Oh.. IBM eats Red Hat

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:56:29 PDT 2018

I know that several years ago, more than a decade, IBM was selling a
solution of running some thousand instances of Red Hat on a 390. I don't
know how that competed with racks of commodity etc but I can imagine there
were advantages in the backbone. Anyway they were selling it way back,
which at the time I thought was progressive. But I'm just an application
developer.
Peter