[Beowulf] [slurm-users] Slurm SPANK GPU Compute Mode plugin

Kilian Cavalotti kilian.cavalotti.work at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 08:19:12 PST 2018

Hi Miguel,

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 4:41 AM, Miguel Gila <miguel.gila at cscs.ch> wrote:
> Hi Kilian, a question on this: which version of Slurm/Lua are you running
> this against??

Slurm 17.11.x and Lua 5.1

> I don’t seem able to generate the RPM on 17.02.9/Lua 5.2 ; it throws similar
> errors to what I had seen earlier on the original files from Mark Grondo.

> + /usr/bin/cc -I/opt/slurm/17.02.9/include -g -o lua.o -fPIC -c lua.c
> lua.c: In function ‘lua_script_create’:
> lua.c:1048:31: error: ‘LUA_GLOBALSINDEX’ undeclared (first use in this
> function)
>      lua_pushvalue (script->L, LUA_GLOBALSINDEX);

Ah right, LUA_GLOBALSINDEX seems to have been removed in Lua 5.2. :(

I'm not exactly sure what would the best approach be to fix this.
Since that code comes directly unmodified from
https://github.com/grondo/slurm-spank-plugins, maybe it would be worth
reporting the issue there?

Cheers,
--