[Beowulf] Slurm SPANK GPU Compute Mode plugin

Kilian Cavalotti kilian.cavalotti.work at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 15:20:52 PST 2018

Hi all,

We (Stanford Research Computing Center) developed a SPANK plugin which
allows users to choose the GPU compute mode [1] for their jobs.
[1] http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-c-programming-guide/index.html#compute-modes

This came from the need to give our users some control on the way GPUs
are set, so they could run specific applications requiring a given
mode, while providing defaults optimized for our general environment.

We figured it could be of interest to others, so we released our Slurm
SPANK GPU Compute Mode plugin at
https://github.com/stanford-rc/slurm-spank-gpu_cmode

Feel free to give it a try, and don't hesitate to contact us if you
have any question.

Cheers,
--
Kilian