[Beowulf] [OT] MPI-haters

John Hanks griznog at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 02:02:38 PST 2016

I remember rgb, although not any Vincent who must have appeared in the
intervening years I didn't follow the list. My first cluster was 8
discarded IBM PS/2 machines with MCA buses and tiny hard drives and yes,
3.5" floppies circa 1996. I originally joined the beowulf list around
1996/1997 and although I'd have sworn I posted more, I don't seem to have
much of anything in the archive. This confirms my lifelong status of
lurker. Which is probably good, no one wants to hear those stories about
hard-coding your IRQ in the ne2000 driver source, pushing packets between
nodes by hand, in the snow, uphill both ways over coax cables.... Now it's
all "container this, as a service that, blah, blah, blah" Kids today.

jbh