[Beowulf] Scaling issues on Xeon E5-2680

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 16:50:28 PST 2016

I come from the math side, not the electronics side, so this may be an
ill-posed question, but could you try running the job with 12 cores on just
one node, then with 6 cores on each of two nodes? I'm thinking, the 24 core
version may get assigned to more nodes than your 12 core, and it's
communication between nodes that slows it down, e.g. for a job that doesn't
require so much memory as inter-process communication.
Peter