[Beowulf] El Reg: AMD reveals potent parallel processing breakthrough

Arnold, Galen Wesley gwarnold at illinois.edu
Mon May 13 13:25:52 PDT 2013

1.  The K20X isn't necessarily as hard to program as one might imagine.  OpenACC codes take to it well , and both Cray and PGI are making nice progress with OpenACC performance compared to CUDA.  Programming it to get 85% of peak is hard, but that can be said for every architecture--GPU or not.

Galen Arnold
NCSA - systems engineer