[Beowulf] El Reg: AMD reveals potent parallel processing breakthrough

atchley tds.net atchley at tds.net
Mon May 13 12:38:32 PDT 2013

Likewise, no one save a few people program for uGNI (one of the Gemini
interfaces). Cray provides MPICH and others have written support for
Open-MPI. Use a PGAS language? Someone has written support for it as well.
Need storage? Cray provides Lustre over kGNI.

Now, using the GPGPU takes effort.

Using an interconnect? No. There are plenty of standard interfaces that do
the job for you.

Scott