[Beowulf] Clustering VPS servers

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 13:38:46 PDT 2013

I"m not clear on the setup. I'd agree that if we took, say, an IBM 390
type, one big machine, and split it into 1000 virtual linux servers, and
then beowulfed them back together, it would be odd. But I think Aquilina is
talking about a plurality of physical machines, each allocating some
resources to a network for a client (that's how I construe "virtual private
network"). In that case, using say MPI among the resources seems like a
reasonable way to exploit the available "server", no?
Peter