[Beowulf] Strange "resume" statements generated for GRUB2

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Mon Jun 10 10:35:29 PDT 2013

> Taking into account small size of my swap partition (4GB only), less than my RAM size,
> (I wrote about this situation in my 1st message) the hibernation image may not fit into swap partition. Therefore coding of -part2 (for /) in resume statement is preferred (right for general case).

Are you SURE about that?
I have a system sitting next to me which has a lot more RAM than swap, and the resume= is still set to the swap partition.
Then again I must admit this is a desktop system, and I don't hibernate/suspend it, so that parameter is useless anyway.

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient you should not read, copy, retransmit or disclose its contents.
If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system immediately and notify us either by email or telephone.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by McLaren Racing Limited.
McLaren Racing Limited | McLaren Technology Centre | Chertsey Road | Woking | Surrey | GU21 4YH | UK | Company Number: 01517478