[Beowulf] A cluster of Arduinos

Chris Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jan 11 17:04:32 PST 2012

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 04:58:13 AM Lux, Jim (337C) wrote:

> Also, does the Raspberry PI $25 price point include a power supply?

I thought the plan was for them to be powered from the HDMI connector,
but it appears I was wrong, it looks like it can use either microUSB
or the GPIO header.

http://elinux.org/RaspberryPiBoard

# The board takes fixed 5V input, (with the 1V2 core voltage generated
# directly from the input using the internal switch-mode supply on the
# BCM2835 die). This permits adoption of the micro USB form factor,
# which, in turn, prevents the user from inadvertently plugging in
# out-of-range power inputs; that would be dangerous, since the 5V
# would go straight to HDMI and output USB ports, even though the
# problem should be mitigated by some protections applied to the input
# power: The board provides a polarity protection diode, a voltage
# clamp, and a self-resetting semiconductor fuse.

         http://www.vlsci.unimelb.edu.au/