[Beowulf] SGE qconf, renaming hosts/queues?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Sep 8 02:40:29 PDT 2011

Hi,

Am 08.09.2011 um 09:04 schrieb Kilian CAVALOTTI:

> Hi David,
>
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 1:05 AM, mathog <mathog at caltech.edu> wrote:
>> Failing that, is there an easy way to dump
>> the host/queue description to a text file, edit
>> that, and then re-create from the modified descriptions?  There are a
>> bunch of text configuration files in the
>> SGE directory, but I'm  guessing that editing/renaming those directly
>> is a big no no.
>
> Well, it'd probably work, but the risk is to forget some.
>
> Instead, you can use qconf to dump queue definitions. Something along
> the lines of:

yep, there are also prepared scripts in $SGE_ROOT/util/upgrade_modules/ called "save_sge_config.sh" and  "load_sge_config.sh" .

While the  "save_sge_config.sh" will do the correct thing, the "load_sge_config.sh" is meant to be used in an empty SGE installation. It might work in some cases even by overriding the previous setting, but if you have e.g. mutal settings in two queues for subordination of the other queue, you first have to remove this subordination in one queue before you can remove the other queue at all. And the "load_sge_config.sh" isn't so sophisticated to cover these cases.

-- Reuti