[Beowulf] dollars-per-teraflop : any lists like the Top500?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 09:17:28 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Hearns, John <john.hearns at mclaren.com> wrote:
> Sticking my neck out slightly here, systems with lots of GPUs will score
> highly on
> the $/flop ratings - but do you get that amount of work under
> real-world loads?

Sticking my neck out even more, but maybe that problem can be solved
by using the actual Teraflops as opposed to peak-teraflops? I'm
curious, how good are these GPU based systems when solving something
like the Linpack or the SPEC benchmarks? Of course, I'm not saying
either of these benchmarks are representative of a "real-world" load.
But perhaps they are closer than a peak-teraflops metric.

--
Rahul