[Beowulf] Scale modl Cray-1

David N. Lombard dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Mon Aug 2 08:15:51 PDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 07:02:09PM -0700, Gus Correa wrote:
> Thank you all who responded:
> Larry Stewart, David Lombard, Franklin Jones,
> Douglas Guptill, Thomasz Rolla, Jim Lux.
>
> Glad to see that many of you had not only thought of this,
> but actually implemented simulators for many outstanding computers.
>
> I compiled SIMH.
>
> However, I suppose I need to load software to actually simulate
> each computer (Assembler? OS? other more specific sw?), correct?
>
> If yes, is this software available, and where?

The 1130 sw is available from ibm1130.org
<http://ibm1130.org/sim/downloads>.

I expect that type of software will usually only be available from
the people and projects that are interested in the simulated system.

> Any documentation on how to run them?

The 1130 sw is sufficiently documented to run it.  I've run it--and
as expected--it *does* run faster than the original hw.

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.