[Beowulf] Again about NUMA (numactl and taskset)

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Jun 25 04:39:42 PDT 2008

----- "Bill Broadley" <bill at cse.ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> Maybe I misread the license, what exactly let you
> to believe that it's "free for researchers"?

The Intel website is pretty clear on the matter and
I'm pretty sure this is the case since they began their
free non-commercial license program.

# Q. I am engaged in research projects. Can I qualify to
# use the noncommercial product?
#
# A. If you, as an individual, are receiving any form of
# compensation for the research project (i.e., you receive
# a salary, or funding, etc.) you do not qualify for a
# non-commercial license.

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/download/download/219771.htm

# This offering is provided to developers who are
# developing software on their own time without
# compensation.

[...]

# Note that academic use of the products does not qualify
# for a non-commercial license. Intel offers heavily
# discounted licenses to academic developers through
# our Academic Developer Program.