[Beowulf] Distros - Fermi, Scientific Linux

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Jul 21 13:08:11 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:52:34AM -0700, Lyle Bickley wrote:

> A major premise for using either distro is their claim for long term support
> (LTS).
>
> I'm curious to know how many folks on this list use either distro and what has
> been your experience (and usefulness) of LTS?

Is their LTS support any different from what RHEL is providing? e.g.
these guys are just saying, "We're going to track the updates until
EOL from Red Hat" ?

If so, you should probably ask if there is anyone still on RHEL < 4.
I see that CentOS 2 has gotten updates as recently as July 17th of
this year.

-- greg