[Beowulf] new to clusters...

Mark Thompson mark.t.79 at gmail.com
Sat May 5 23:48:02 PDT 2007

I am new to clusters and I am trying to learn as much as possible.  I
currently run the new ubuntu feisty fawn and am learning as much as I can
about networking and such.  I have several older computers ranging from a
pentium 3 500 mhz to a athlon 1.8 ghz and even have a dual athlon 1.6 ghz
server.  I am working on getting more second hand computers for purposes of
learning clustering and would like to know others input on my idea as well
as suggestions for doing this.  Any input would be helpful.  Also, I would
like suggestions for what to do with it once I have it up and running.  I
wouldn't mind providing services for others....would give me good experience
with administration and such.  thanks for your time.

Mark