[Beowulf] Outdoor location?

Eric McCaughrin emccaughrin at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 15:52:20 PDT 2006

In Northern Calif., we are blessed with natural,
year-round air conditioning. Ambient temps very rarely
go over 85F, or lower than 40F. With HVAC being a
major (biggest?) cost, I am wondering if anyone
considered an outdoor location?

In my backyard, I have an unused 70A 240v line, and a
large 30" high deck. Maybe this is a totally stupid
idea, but what would be the feasibility of mounting
nodes underneath the 2x6 planks of the deck? There
must be some way to keep the nodes dry without
compromising air circulation? And running the nodes
continuously should build up enough heat to prevent
dew from forming.