[Beowulf] Re: vectors vs. loops

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Thu May 5 05:33:04 PDT 2005

The point they seem to ignore is that a single chip can be cheap.

A beowulf network with 1024 nodes always will cost millions.

So creating faster chips is most important to keep prices cheap.
Complaining about memory-bandwidth is just a side effect and not
a convincing reason to not produce faster chips.

Or do you disagree with that?

Vincent