[Beowulf] Re: vectors vs. loops

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Wed May 4 15:43:24 PDT 2005

Hello,

I knew someone from the LOFAR project would react.

You guys very specifically were NOT targetted by my posting here.
You did do a brilliant job, as you can see in all the postings at different
dutch forums from me.

In fact you have built a machine in Netherlands for what was it, 6 million
euro, delivering roughly 27.5 tflop.

That's more than 2 times cheaper than the 2.2 tflop machine in Amsterdam,
which was serving users at 1 januari 2004.

btw now i have the chance to ask this:
I read a report somewhere that the total LOFAR budget was 150 million euro,
where do those other 144 million euro go to?

Best regards,
Vincent