[Beowulf] Need Help...!

Tim Mattox tmattox at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 09:26:19 PDT 2004

Hello Kamran Mustafa,
Our research group tends to avoid software with "per node"
licensing fees.  Depending on the kind of software, you
should have free/open source alternatives that require no
licensing fees at all.  If you could list the specific software you
are worried about, maybe we (the beowulf list) can suggest
free (or single cost) alternatives.

For operating systems, I would suggest you look at
http://caosity.org/ which I am involved with.
Similarly, for a cluster management software, check out
http://warewulf-cluster.org/ which I am also involved with.

There are plenty more alternatives to those two, but
they are a good start looking for the base stuff.

As for application level software and/or compilers,
I'll leave that to other bewoulfers to comment on.
Our group tends to work with application developers,
so they have their own codes they compile.

--
Tim Mattox - tmattox at gmail.com - http://homepage.mac.com/tmattox/