[Beowulf] AMD64 results...

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Thu Dec 16 06:05:53 PST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 at 8:08am, Robert G. Brown wrote

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Bill Broadley wrote:
>
> > Group reply:
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 05:49:09PM -0500, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> > > Just for those of you who were asking after AMD64's as viable compute
> > > platforms, I just ran stream and the bogomflops benchmark in my renamed
> > > "benchmaster" (was cpu_rate) shell on both a 2.4 GHz AMD64 3400+
> >
> > That is a s754 amd64?
>
> Yes (as per earlier discussion, an Asus K8NE, but I should have restated
> it -- the P2 is an MSI mobo but I'm downstairs and don't remember which
> one).     ^^

You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it
means.
\end[castilian]{accent}

Didn't your initial post state that the Intel CPU tested was a
"GenuineIntel  Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz at  1804.509 (MHz)"?  Or
am I missing something (I haven't had my coffee yet, you see)?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering