NFS over GB ethernet

Dean Johnson dtj at uberh4x0r.org
Wed Nov 6 07:32:02 PST 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 08:14, Art Edwards wrote:
> We are just bringing to life a cluster using Debian over GB
> ethernet. We want to mount /home and /usr/local via nfs but it seems
> that at boot time the GB link isn't up so the mount fails.The mounts
> succeed after the link is up. Do we need a timeo variable in the fstab?

If you have everything configured correctly, the gig interfaces should
come up with the 100baseT interfaces. I have one cluster with gig as the
sole interface for the private network, and I had no problems with that
whatsoever. Perhaps a stupid question, do you have "ONBOOT" in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth* set to 'yes'?

	-Dean