MS attacking government use of open source

Arthur H. Edwards edwardsa at plk.af.mil
Fri May 24 08:15:23 PDT 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:56:10AM +0200, Alan Scheinine wrote:
> David Edwards gave advice about writing to your representatives.  Let me
> add one point.  Someone with experience in this suggested to me to
> always put a question in the letter because it increases the chances
> that you will receive a reply.

Please let me know if this is gross ignorance, but as I read the regulations
for govt' employees (this includes IPA's), we have to be very careful about
petitioning our representatives and senators. You might be more effective
if you contact agency heads. This way you can do it as a group, you can
ask for meetings, etc.

Art Edwards