Because XFS is BETTER (Re: opinion on XFS)

Chris Black cblack at EraGen.com
Thu May 9 07:48:17 PDT 2002

> The only filesystem on linux that would come close to XFS is JFS and that is
> said to be still not-so-stable. Forget reiserfs, the docs scream no-no.

Could you elaborate on this? We've been using reiserfs pretty heavily
without problems. The main reason to use a non-ext2 fs on a cluster
system as I see it is handling directories with many files. Reiserfs
does a much better job of this than ext2 in our experience.

I will agree that many times if you look at kernel dump messages and
it mentiones ext2 or reiserfs, that doesn't mean that is where the
problem lies. It is just part of the code path to read and write from
that volume.

Chris