Scyld, local access to nodes, and master node as compute node

Brian C Merrell brian at patriot.net
Thu May 24 08:28:45 PDT 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Sean Dilda wrote:

> You do this through bpsh.  The slave nodes are to run compute jobs, not
> interactive login sessions, so you really shouldn't need to run an
> interactive shell on them.  If you need to do some admin work that
> requires you to run stuff on the slave nodes, you can always bpsh all
> the individual commands to the slave node.

Hmmm.  It's fairly important for them to be able to rlogin to each
machine.  They really want to be able to get to each box and run programs
a certain way.  Is it possible to set up a custom install on each machine
that still has the beowulf modifications (and can join the cluster) yet is
also an independent and full linux box?  Would I simply have to run
bpslave on a node to bring it into the cluster?

Thanks for the other info, BTW.

-brian

--
Brian C. Merrell      P a t r i o t  N e t      Systems Staff
brian at patriot.net    http://www.patriot.net    (703) 277-7737