[PBS-USERS] checkpointing PBS jobs under linux

Greg Lindahl lindahl at conservativecomputer.com
Fri May 11 10:40:15 PDT 2001

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 09:13:54AM +0000, Yann COSTES wrote:

> Even when I unable checkpointing on a PBS executing queue (with the
> command "set queue long checkpoint_min = 2" under qmgr), PBS doesn't
> seem to checkpoint any submitted job.

You have to tell PBS to compile in the checkpointing code. That's
turned off for Linux by default. You'll also have to write a little
code to tell the process to actually checkpoint. And that's actually
non-trivial with the packages you mention; if you just checkpoint
the process PBS knows about, that's the shell that's running your
batch script...

-- g