checkpointing PBS jobs under linux

Yann COSTES Yann.Costes at cdc.u-cergy.fr
Fri May 11 02:13:54 PDT 2001

Hello,

I'd like to unable jobs checkpointing under my Linux beowulf cluster
wich uses the batch system PBS (this is OpenPBS_V2.3.12)
I have made some trials with 2 different checkpointing softwares :
epckpt Beta under Linux kernel 2.4.2
(http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~edpin/epckpt) and after with the software
crak as a module for the Linux kernel 2.2.19
(http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~huaz/english/research/crak.htm)

Even when I unable checkpointing on a PBS executing queue (with the
command "set queue long checkpoint_min = 2" under qmgr), PBS doesn't
seem to checkpoint any submitted job.

Does anyone know if it's possible to checkpoint PBS batch jobs under
linux and if so how we can do it ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

--
Yann Costes
Service Informatique Recherche - Université de Cergy-Pontoise