fwd: Re: Stream variation

Felix Rauch rauch at inf.ethz.ch
Wed May 2 01:32:04 PDT 2001

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Bill Broadley wrote:
> I have a pthreads benchmark very similar to stream, it currently
> only implements one of the 4 benchmarks, but does so on a variety of
> arrays so you can see the effects of the various levels of cache.

If you are interested in memory bandwidth with different access
patterns and working set sizes, you should check out my colleagues
work: ECT memperf - Extended Copy Transfer Characterization
http://www.cs.inf.ethz.ch/CoPs/ECT/

On the web-page you will find explanations, papers, source code and
example benchmarks.

Regards,
Felix
Felix Rauch                      | Email: rauch at inf.ethz.ch
Institute for Computer Systems   | Homepage: http://www.cs.inf.ethz.ch/~rauch/
ETH Zentrum / RZ H18             | Phone: ++41 1 632 7489
CH - 8092 Zuerich / Switzerland  | Fax:   ++41 1 632 1307