Ok so I ditched the LNE100TX

Brandon Arnold billygotee at operamail.com
Tue Mar 20 10:47:19 PST 2001

I ditched the new Linksys card I bought and decided to continue battling
with my old card, a Kingston KNE30BT(runs off rtl8029 driver, ne2k-pci).  I
figured out that the whole time, it was assigning the card to IRQ 0.  I
turned of Plug-n-Play BIOS and the card works fine.

Nowthen,

I decided to install VMWare because I dunno I just wanted to, and it screwed
my ethernet up again!  Now, Linux can't even detect my card despite the IRQ
correction and everything.  Upon bootup, it loads a lot of vmnet modules and
such, when I do a ifconfig, I get something about vmnet1 but not eth0!! This
is bullshit. It seems like vmware could find some way to utilize the drivers
that are already there.  I uninstalled vmware and the card is no longer
working...best thing I can think of is reinstall Mandrake 7.2 and that
really pisses me off...

-Brandon