Scyld

David Vos dvos12 at calvin.edu
Fri Mar 16 09:55:33 PST 2001

I just did a fresh install of Sycld 27BZ-7 (I think it is the newest copy)
using the default Gnome installation, but setting my own partitions.
After booting, it dumped out a bunch of error messages such as:

Finding module dependencies depmod: error in loading shared libraries:
libbproc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And:
modprobe: Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/2.2.17-33/modules.dep
(no such file or directory)

So I recompiled the kernel for the second error, but modules.dep was never
created. (I did the full make clean, make menuconfig, make dep, make
bzImage, make modules, make modules_install).  The error never went away.

For the second, I found the file in /usr/lib, so I added /usr/lib to
/etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig.  Still didn't help.

I don't know what is up.  Is this version of Scyld supposed to work
differently?  If so, it may be the scratch the CD-ROM came with.

David