Fluent & Beowulf2

Daniel Ridge newt at scyld.com
Thu Oct 19 13:50:26 PDT 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Andreas Boklund wrote:

> You should use  Network MPI (fluent_nmpi-x.x.xx) MPICH
> then it might work better :)

Actually, I think it would work less well. Our MPICH distribution is
tweaked to allow us to use BProc for remote process creation.

You are welcome to try putting our MPICH changes into an MPICH
provided by Fluent -- I don't have any information about the MPI
provided by Fluent and can't bound the amount of work that this would
require.

What does Fluent complain about when you run it linked against our
dynamic library? (Is it dynamically linked against an MPI library?)

> > How do i run Fluent on a Beowulf2(Scyld) cluster ?

Regards,
	Dan Ridge
	Scyld Computing Corporation