beoserv not seeing RARP

Yoon Jae Ho yoon at bh.kyungpook.ac.kr
Thu Nov 30 20:41:53 PST 2000

I am using preview beowulf-2 CD.

I already read about the beoMPI manual from the http://www.scyld.com/beowulf-doc/beowulf_toc.html

After I saw the slave node UP sign in the master node using "beosetup", I can use beoMPI now.

In the beoMPI, I don't need to change the file named "machines.LINUX" in the /usr/mpi-beowulf/share directory.

I can check the slave node status using "beostatus"  -- very excellent program.

I can see the CPU0, CPU1, Memory, Swap, Disk in the "beostatus" screen.

but, I think that we need Job Scheduling Program for the beoMPI-- for example PBS, DQS,  MAUI etc.

If I want to use LAM or mpich instead of  beoMPI, how can I install those programs in the beowulf2 ?

To use the Petsc, mitmatlab program, how can I install those in the beowulf-2 ?

Are there any Patch or RPM for those programs to work in the beowulf2 ?

I need your help.

Thanks in advance.

Yoon Jae Ho
Economist

http://ie.korea.ac.kr/~supercom/   Korea Beowulf.

Imagination is more important than Knowledge.    A. Einstein.