GNIC and Development Kernel

Stephen Tow stow@ssibm4.ssp.ameslab.gov
Fri Jul 10 17:19:08 1998

> > Is anyone out there using a development kernel with the yellowfin driver?
> > I am currently using v2.1.85 and am having no luck getting a yellowfin
> > driver greater that v0.99.A to work with it. It looks something like this:
>
> Boy, you picked just the wrong version to run!

Has any other glutton for punishment tried to use the yellowfin driver
with a development kernel (especially on an Alpha)? If so, what kind of
success and what kernel version?

Also, I found changing min_pci_latency to 255 increased performance.
Would it be possible for this to cause any problems? These NICs do some
really strange things at times (mainlky they like to just stop working :)
Also, what exactly is max_interrupt_work and is it something that can be
tweaked?

Thanx much,

                       |                _\/_          Stephen L Tow
                   \ .-'-. /            //o\  _\/_    Ames Laboratory
   =- =- =-= =- = -  -===- -= - ."                    Phone: (515)-294-9648
    http://www.public.iastate.edu/~stow               stow@cmp.ameslab.gov