[tulip] Linksys NC100 v2.0 Transmit time out

Jonas P. Valkiunas jvalkiunas@ChicagoJava.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:16:00 +0000 (CST)

I've perused through the last few months of the scyld and other lists regarding the new Linksys NC100 v2.0 problem, but cannot find my specific problem.  Both srpm and individual tulip.c files compile without a problem, but as soon as I try to ping any ip (other than my own), I get the error:

"eth0: Transmit timed out, status fc67c057, CSR120000000 resetting..."

I have tried using both versions tulip.c:v0.92k 8/14/00 and 0.92i (Donald Becker), but both produce the same error.

lspci show the already list mentioned Bridgecom ID, while logs show the ADMtek Comet, rev 17, using IRQ11.

other interesting notes from lspci:
"
00:1f.3 SMBus Intel Corporation 82801AA 82810 Chipset SMBus (rev02)
Subsystem: Intel Corporation: Unknown device 2413
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
I/O ports at efa0

01:05.0 Ethernet controller: Bridgecom, Inc: Unkown device 0985 (rev11)
Subsystem: Bridgecom, Inc: Unknown device 0570
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64 IRQ 11
I/O ports at d800
Memory at ffcffc00 (32 bit, non-prefetchable)
Expansion ROM at ffcc0000 [disabled]
Capabilities: [0] Power Management version 1"

This is a Red Hat 6.2 box running on a celeron 533 in a Tyan S2054 Tomcat i810 motherboard.  Has anybody seen this time out problem (happening on 2 identical boxes)?  Sorry for the naivete...PnP disabled in BIOS and kernel, PCI enabled in kernel.  At first thought of an IRQ conflict (at 11), but could not change the nic's IRQ through BIOS (PCI).  Any help tips, etc. MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,
-Jonas