[realtek] a problem with a edimax realtek network card

Antonio Tirado Ortiz atirado@neo-sky.com
Tue Jan 21 06:15:01 2003

hello

I am trying to install a Edimax network card (model 9130TX) with chip rtl8139c

and I am not able to install correctly.

when I type "modprobe rtl8139" appear on the screen some messages:

unresolved symbol to pci_drv_unregister
unresolved symbol to pci_drv_register

and the module doesn´t load

If I run rtl8139-diag, appears on the screen some information about the network card (model, type, MAC address, ...).
It seems that rtl8139-diag recognizes the network card.

The distro is a Debian Woody, with 2.4.18 and 2.4.20 kernels versions.

The network card works fine in the same computer with a windows nt system.

¿what should I do to get dissapier the messages about "unresolved symbol ... "?

Help, please