[Beowulf] Re: Odd AMD quad core SuperMicro power off issues

Ellis Wilson III ellis at runnersroll.com
Mon Jul 6 19:06:18 PDT 2009

I'm sure that this has already been examined, but just in case:

Can you confirm that the sensors on these boards are playing nice with the bios and the sensors which are typically integrated into the cpu?  I.e. If the cpu sensors weren't reporting values the bios expected, it might just cut out and assume that the cpu is either overheating/failing or the sensors are crapping out.

Sorry if this is an obvious suggestion, I'm far from a sysadmin (maybe someday though)!

Ellis