[Beowulf] Linux Magazine - What He Said

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 11:06:55 PDT 2008

John,
When I tried to ressurect my thing a couple years ago, I realized my
original code was all wrong in trading time for space (plenty of time on the
386, then SunOS servers; not enough space, but new machine had plenty of
unused RAM). I thought some about redesigning to reverse the trade-off,
which would be helpful, but I'm sure it would not just be easier, but more
effective, to run it on a cluster (many nodes, not much ram per node needed,
and any nonzero amount of communication sufficient, but more can be
usefull).
Peter