[Beowulf] Re: PVM on wireless...

Bill Rankin wrankin at ee.duke.edu
Thu Feb 7 09:15:34 PST 2008

Update.

I got PVM running on my laptop and successfully added one of my
servers to the hostlist using the command line at the pvm prompt.
This was over wireless.

The laptop was running pvm 3.4.5-7 rpm under CentOS 5.  The other
machine had pvm 3.4.4 under CentOS 4.

The main bits seemed to be:

Getting PVM_ROOT=/usr/share/pvm3 and PVM_RSH=ssh set on both sides
(added to .bashrc).  Checked by doing an 'ssh <remotemachine> export'
and verified contents.

Rob: do you do host-based authentication under ssh?  I don't, so I
had to type in my passwords at the 'pvm>' prompt.

Sorry I can't offer anything more.

-bill